How to Maintain Privacy & Protect Your Interests When You Own Property in Texas
Real estate privacy trusts (REPTs) can mask the individuals and businesses behind property transactions and real estate ownership in Texas, providing a powerful solution for maintaining anonymity in searchable, public records. Beyond the rich and famous, several parties can benefit from the privacy — and other advantages — provided by REPTs.
To help you determine if this estate planning tool is right for you and your needs, this guide breaks down some key definitions, issues, benefits, and more, including:
- Real Estate Privacy Trust Defined: What Are REPTs?
- Property Deeds & Public Records in Texas
- Exceptions to the Rule: Property Ownership Record Redactions (without a REPT)
- How Real Estate Privacy Trusts Work
- Benefits of Real Estate Privacy Trusts
- Who Can Benefit from a Real Estate Privacy Trust?
- Questions to Ask If You or Your Client Is Considering a REPT
- How to Find Out More About Real Estate Privacy Trusts